Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I register my child?
Parents may register their children in the office from 8:00-2:45. Children entering kindergarten must be five years old by September 30.  If you need more information, please call the office at 853-2535. 

What you need for registration:

  • Child's birth certificate
  • Proof of residence/address:  Mortgage statement, lease,  or two utility bills. 
  • Driver's license will be needed for identification.   
  • Current physical and shot record.  Students entering kindergarten MUST have a physical within one year of school entry.  A form is available in the office.  It is important to make your appointment as soon as possible to be ready for the start of school.

Why do I have to sign in and out each time I visit the school?

All parents and visitors must stop by the office to sign in and receive a visitor's pass before visiting classrooms.  This is to ensure the safety of all students and staff.  Please be considerate and call ahead to schedule conferences with teachers to assure a convenient time for both parent and teacher.  This helps assure a safe and uninterrupted learning environment for your children. 

When is a good time to call my child's teacher?
Teachers can receive calls before and after school (7:30-7:45 a.m. and after 2:30 p.m.).  All other times the teacher will be instructing.

Who is authorized to pick up my child at school?

Any person who is listed on your child's emergency card may pick up your child from school.  It is important to list all persons who may do this on your card to avoid delays in picking up your child.  If someone who is not listed will pick up your child, a written note must be submitted to the office.  Identification will be required.

Can my child be given medicine at school?

A physician's order and a signed request from parents or legal guardians are required for medicine to be dispensed at school.  Students cannot bring medicine to school.  Parents must bring the medicine to the school nurse in a new, unopened bottle.   The school nurse or trained staff are the only persons authorized to dispense medication to your child.  Over the counter medicines such as cough drops, medicated skin cremes must also be brought to the nurse by a parent.  PLEASE DO NOT SEND MEDICATIONS IN YOUR CHILD'S BACKPACK.

What if I have questions about my child's bus or bus route?

Please call Mountain Valley Transportation at 777-0101.